Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Theoretical Physics (3 yrs)
A 3-year Postdoctoral Position in Theoretical Physics
is available at the Department
of Theoretical Physics at Maynooth
The full advertisement for this
position can be found on Maynooth University's
Portal, Vacancy ID 005041
In particular, that site has the
official job description. Applications can only be sent through this
Your application should reach us no later than 23:30 (local Irish time),
Enquiries about the application and selection
procedure are normally handled through Maynooth University recruitment,
but please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any other questions:
The successful applicant will be joining the research group led by Dr.
Joost Slingerland, and the research will focus on topologically ordered
phases of condensed matter systems, as well as their applications to
quantum information processing. The position is funded by Science
Foundation Ireland and is available immediately.
The ideal candidate must have:
In addition you should have one or more of the following:
- A Ph.D. in theoretical physics, mathematics or a related subject.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Research experience in the physics of topologically ordered systems
- Research experience in quantum information and computation.
- Research experience in strongly correlated systems, e.g. fractional
quantum Hall systems
- Expertise in topological field theory/tensor categories/quantum
groups/anyon models and local models for these structures.
- Experience with numerical analysis of quantum matter, for example
using exact diagonalization, MPS methods, or machine learning
For the full application procedure, please consult the
official job description.